Thursday, February 11, 2010

What I'm Reading February 2010

Here are the books on my reading list at this point:

Becoming a Coaching Leader by Daniel Harkavy: I read the Kindle version of this book and wanted to be able to use it more fully in my own leadership coaching, so I've purchased the hardback version.

Training on Trial by Jim Kirkpatrick and Wendy Kayser Kirkpatrick. The Kirkpatricks come from good training stock--his father was the developer of the four-levels of training approach. This new book updates the model and provides contemporary application for teachers and trainers today.

Streams of Living Water by Richard Foster: Several of my best friends are strong proponents of Foster's Renovare movement. I wanted to get a better idea of where the movements originated and might be heading. This books gives some perspective for pilgrims along the way.

Create Your Own Blog:From the "start-and-stop" nature of this present effort, it's evident that I need some instruction along the way. I'm hoping that I will be able to improve the quality of my work by reading and heeding this work.

The Mindmap Book by Tony Buzan: I've been working with some friends on using MindMapping for personal development projects. Buzan was the pioneer of this approach and I look forward to learning more about the basics from this foundational book.

Know Can Do! by Ken Blanchard and Paul Meyer: The sub-title says it all: put your know-how into action. In this book, Blanchard in his inimitable way seeks to answer the question the Apostle Paul asked in Romans 7: why don't I do the things I know that I should do? The dust jacket of this book promises: (This book will) lay out a straightforward method for learning more, learning better and making sure you actually use what you learn.

Helping People Win at Work by Ken Blanchard and Garrry Ridge: Blanchard writes, "For years I've been concerned about how people's performance is evaluated...(this method) does not hold managers responsible for coaching people and helping them win.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting what you're reading. I'm reading:

    Coaching With The Brain in Mind. A survey through the foundations of coaching with an emphasis on what current brain research is indicating about how we can coach more effectively.

    ReplyDelete