Friday, January 8, 2010

My Word for 2010: Documentation

I've been working this week on designing some training for World Team Asia that will be presented in Bali in March. I'm not planning to deliver the training, but to outline it and then work with a number of colleagues who will facilitate the learning tasks for their colleagues. It is our plan that each session will include a coaching component so that each participant will go away, not just with what they have learned, but also be prepared and equipped to share what they have learned with their colleagues back home.

It hardly seems possible that a whole week of 2010 is past. I only wrote 2009 a couple of times, so I'm getting used to being in a new year. But a new year means a new theme word, and my word for 2010 is "documentation."

I want to focus this year on documenting the things I am doing.

I have several reasons for doing this:
  1. It makes me pay closer attention to my own life, just like "journaling" does.
  2. It makes it easier to pass along to others not just what I'm doing, but "how" and "why."
  3. Since I often work along in the basement in my home office, it provides a layer of accountability for the use of my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment