Saturday, September 4, 2010

Self Awareness

I've had some recent experiences that have heightened my self-awareness.

I've been working mainly off my StrengthFinders strengths of


  • Input
  • Learner
  • Activator
  • Strategic 
  • Command
But I'm also aware of my Myers-Briggs Type Indicator of

  • Introverted
  • iNtuition
  • Thinking
  • Processing
And, of course the granddaddy of them all: the DiSC where I typically test as a 
  • Driver
But the big question for me at this stage of life is "How do these work together?"

I've found a helpful resource at www.bestfittype.com

They describe their interaction styles material as answering the question "How We Do What We Do?" and their temperament explorers focus on "Why We Do What We Do?" 

What got me started down this path was working with my World Team supervisor, Chuck Sutton, on selecting specific areas of personal development to focus on. 

For both World Team and OMF, we have a leader profile and and profile assessment that helps us select areas for personal and leadership development. 

Today I recognized that our profiles and assessments don't automatically take into account my personality type, interaction style, spiritual gifts or strengths. So now I want to figure out:
  • How these elements can help me select priority areas for development? 
  • How can my leaders use this information in selecting and coaching my developmental tasks?  
  • How can I use these elements to help the people I'm coaching in their develop?

No comments:

Post a Comment